Wednesday, September 19, 2012
MDIA 4902 - Blog Post #3
If I were to redesign my blog to make it more marketable, I would try to make my design look more professional and business-related, as I am both a business and media student. In the future I will be searching for a place to start my career, and as we all know, a person's online presence is becoming an important part of the job search process with the ease of searching out someone online during the interview process. I would be sure to include a professional image of myself wearing clothing appropriate for the job I would like to be considered for (and possibly overdress for the job). Also, I would be sure my layout, content, and messages on the blog were professional in nature and were related to the field that I would like to start a career in. The more I related the blog to my career goals, the more likely it would be that the blog could serve as an asset in marketing myself to potential employers. I would also be sure that my blog is highly organized and easy to navigate, as common sense tells us that easily navigated websites are more likely to keep visitors enthused than one that is confusing and hard to manage. As we have seen with many of the top blogs we examined in Module 3, organization and navigation are certainly key in the success of a blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment